- Advanced crude oil research centre (ACRC) at IIP has the rich knowledge base, expertise, resources for analyzing and evaluating of crude oils and its distillation products.
- The centre has state of art analytical facilities having compliance with ASTM/IP/UOP/BIS standards and has contributed in many processes/products and technological developments for institute.
- The ACRC has expanded its scope through take up various research activities too in recent past but the core competency is the evaluation of crude oil feed stocks. The inputs provided in the form of detailed hydrocarbon analysis by the advanced crude oil research centre of the institute are extensively used in hydrocarbon sector for pricing of crude oils; for transportation and absorption of new crude in refineries.
- It is a matter of pride that this laboratory has till date evaluated more than five hundred crude oils. Several value addition feasibility studies have also been done to help the industry in enhancement of their profit margins.
- The centre has been instrumental in the analysis of condensates, industrial and automotive lubricants, fuel oils and biofuels along with crudes. Recently R&D project was successfully completed on the development of the strategic fuels and also the project on stock loss of HSD, kerosene and MS.
- Presently the research work is going on for combating the problems associated with the heavy and waxy crude oils. The ACRC extensively engaged in most of the training programs conducted by IIP.