CSIR-Indian Institute of Petroleum accepts applications from candidates pursuing M.Sc /M.Tech/ B.Tech in any branch of Chemical sciences, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and/or Biotechnology to undertake research training towards partial fulfillment of their degree.
In addition to laboratory training, candidates will be exposed to scientific ethics, good laboratory practice and career opportunities in chosen area of their research. At the end of the training, candidates are required to present their work to the scientific community of concerned Research Division.
Candidates can apply using the online application form. Along with the application, candidates have to upload an authorization letter issued by Head of the University / College / Institute. Candidates having specific interest may also contact scientists of their choice to seek their consent before applying. After submitting the on-line application in the prescribed format available at the portal of Training Division, candidates will get a confirmation email. After screening and selection process, successful candidates will be informed to make on-line payment.
Duration of project is either 6 months or one year. Accommodation is provided at institute’s hostel based on the availability. Canteen/Mess services are available on payment basis on all days.
Students from Government funded institutes and also students of institutes who have signed MOU with IIP would be exempted from payment of project fee, whereas students of other institutes will be charged Rs 25,000 for six months internship and Rs 50,000 for one year of internship or project work.
- The students are completely governed by the rules and regulations of CSIR-IIP.
- Every batch of students or individual student, as the case may be, will have a scientific/technical project guide from one of the Divisions at CSIR-IIP. The college can however nominate one of its staff members to co-ordinate on academic matters and liaise with IIP.
- During vacation / college holidays (other than Saturdays/Sundays), till the project work is complete, students are required to be at CSIR- IIP premises from 09.00 am to 05.30 pm. During training period, they should indicate the slots allotted for project work in the college time-table and must be present on all such days at CSIR- IIP.
- The students will not be eligible for any transport facility. CSIR-IIP hostel accommodation may be available depending upon availability.
- Within the institute premises and during working hours, the students should wear the CSIR- IIP identity badge and also carry the college identity card.
- Library facility at CSIR- IIP is limited to referencing only; borrowing of books / journals is not extended to the students. However xerox copies may be obtained from the Library on payment of necessary charges.
- The college should take the entire responsibility in case of loss or damage to CSIR-IIP property caused by the students.
- CSIR-IIP will not be responsible for any injury / loss / damage that may occur to the students during the tenure of their training/project work.
- If the progress is not satisfactory, the concerned student/s may be advised by CSIR- IIP to discontinue the training/project work.
- Please note that the project report prepared for the college and for CSIR- IIP are required to be identical in all respects. Two copies are required to be submitted to CSIR-IIP – one each to the project guide and Head Training & HR, before submitting the final copy to the college.
- The students must furnish a “No – Demand Certificate” to Training Division in the prescribed format after completion of project work along with a soft copy and hard copy of the project report.
- The Director, CSIR-IIP may initiate disciplinary action against erring students and decision of the Director is final and binding on the students and colleges.
- The project students/Trainees and their college/staff members shall have no claim whatsoever on the results of the project work.CSIR- IIP retains all intellectual property rights in patents, designs, software copyright (source code) and publications if any that may be generated during the course of project work.
- The college certificate in the project report prescribed by the college / university, the cover page and all certificates in the project report should categorically reflect that the place of project work is CSIR- IIP. The acknowledgement sheet in the project report should mention the name of the scientist who has guided at CSIR-IIP and the Director, IIP prominently.