(INDUSTRIAL GEAR OIL; ISO VG68)
Enviro-GearInd 68 is eco-friendly, biodegradable extreme pressure industrial gear oil for enclosed gear drives. Higher load carrying and scuffing load capacity protects surfaces under severe operating conditions. The high viscosity index and low pour point enables application for wide temperature range.
Enviro-GearInd 68 is recommended for use in industrial gear drives and bearings where loads and shock loadings are high. The high performance gear oil is ideally suited for lubrication of closed gear drives, roller and sliding bearings at high loads, prevents micro-pitting and pitting and improves running-in behavior.
- Protects gear surfaces from micro-pitting and pitting damage.
- High viscosity index and lower pour point makes it good all-season lubricant well suited for high and low temperature extremes.
- Provides gear protection and optimal thermal stability.
- Resists thermal and oxidative breakdown, reducing varnish deposits.
- Is non-carcinogenic and environment friendly.
Enviro-GearInd 68 meets product specifications as per IS: 8406-1993 (Reaffirmed 2001).
|Characteristics||IS: 8406-1993 (Recommended values)||Competing Product in Market||Industrial Gear Oil: ISO VG 68|
Kinematic viscosity, cSt
|Viscosity Index, Min||90||92||97|
|Pour Point, °C||-6||-6||-30|
|Flash Point, °C||200||210||204|
|Ash % by mass, Max||0.1||0.1||Nil|
Cu strip corrosion for
3 hrs at 100°C
|Not worse than No.1||Not worse than No.1||< No.1|
|Air release value, Max||12||12||12|
|Rust Protection||No rust||No rust||No rust|
|OK Load (kgf)||250||250||250|
|FZG Niemann EP test, Pass load stage, Min.||11th||11th||12th|
Remarks: Enviro-GearInd 68 costs Rs. 120/- per liter (Unpacked: lab scale) whereas competing product available in market costs Rs. 180/- per liter.