(MULTIPURPOSE GEAR OIL; SAE 80W)
Enviro Multi-Gear is biodegradable multipurpose gear oil with high viscosity index, excellent load bearing capability, anti-wear and anti-foam properties, oxidation stability and corrosion inhibiting characteristics with negligible TAN values.
Enviro Multi-Gear is recommended for lubrication of all types of mechanical transmissions and drive axles where extreme pressure gear oils are required. The oil is suitable for heavy duty hypoid, spur, helical and worm gear drives. The high viscosity and viscosity index provides superior all temperature performance and protection of gear tooth against scuffing and scoring damages.
- Has excellent load carrying capacity which provides improved performance at steady state and impact loading.
- Provides thicker and stable lubricating film therefore protecting the gear tooth from scuffing and scoring damage.
- Helps in reducing contact friction and lowers the power consumption.
- The enhanced anti-foam properties reduce the froth and foam formation in partially submerged gear contacts.
- Is non-carcinogenic and environment friendly.
Enviro Multi-Gear meets the product specifications as per IS: 1118-1992 (Reaffirmed 2001).
|Characteristics||IS: 1118-1992 (Recommended values)||Competing Product in the Market||Multipurpose Gear Oil : SAE 80W|
|Appearance||Clear liquid without sediments||Clear liquid||Clear liquid without sediments|
|Kinematic viscosity at 100°C, cSt||7.0 (Min)||8.4 (Min)||9.13|
|Viscosity Index, Min||85||97||174|
|Flash Point, °C||165||168||172|
|Cu strip corrosion, Max/EP type GL-4||Not worse than No.2||Not worse than No.2||One|
at 24°C, Max
at 93.5°C, Max
at 24°C after test
at 93.5°C, Max
|Scuffing Load (Amsler Rig test)||Within 60±10 kgf for GL-4 gear oils||60 kgf||60 kgf|
Remarks: Enviro Multi-Gear costs Rs. 100/- per liter (Unpacked: lab scale) whereas competing product available in market costs Rs. 260/- per liter.